Author: Kimberly Bither, M.S.
Recipe type: Side Dishes
Light, refreshing, but filling salad with couscous, beans and veggies salad. Makes a great side dish or light meal. Easy prep.
- 1 cup couscous
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup baby carrots, chopped
- 1-2 celery stalks, chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Sea salt
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Cook couscous according to package.
- Chop carrots, celery and parsley in a food processor (as food processors tend to work better than hand choppers).
- Mix couscous with raisins, beans, and vegetable mixture in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper, stir.
- Drizzle olive oil and vinegar on top of mixture and stir.
- Top with chopped walnuts.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.