Homemade Peanut Butter Bars
Author: Kimberly Bither, M.S.
Recipe type: Breakfast or Snack
Great for a post-workout snack or even for breakfast. You can make these as bars or as crumbles that you sprinkle onto yogurt or cereal. Less than 5 minutes to prep and ready in less than 30 minutes!
- ⅓ cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 TBSP Honey
- 3 Eggs (Use only 1 Egg if making Peanut Crumbles* instead of Peanut Bars)
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Handful of Craisins
- Puffed Brown Rice (I use Arrowhead brand)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375
- Spray inside of 8*8 in. glass pan.
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
- Place mixture into an electric food processor and finely chop.
- Place mixture into the glass pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 22 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 mintues and cut into pieces. Makes 12 small bars.
For PEANUT CRUMBLES, follow the recipe above except use only 1 egg. Peanut crumbles are GREAT on plain yogurt, in cereal or in milk. GLUTEN INFORMATION: Brown rice is technically gluten-free (no wheat), but check the label of the brand you use to verify it states gluten-free. Arrowhead only has the one ingredient listed (brown rice) but does not claim gluten-free status most likely due to it being produced in a plant that also uses wheat. Depending on how sensitive you are to gluten, use caution.