Stuffed Apple & Cheese Wonton Wraps
Author: Kimberly Bither, M.S.
Recipe type: Appetizer
Cuisine: French, American
This is a simple appetizer that is very tasty and light. It is a refreshing change from all the appetizers that are either fried or greasy. This appetizer is baked, not fried.
- 2 Apples (of your choice, I like Granny Smith best), diced small
- Gouda cheese, sliced and diced
- 1 pkg. Wonton Wrappers
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take one wrapper and brush it lightly with butter.
- Place one apple slice in center of wrapper.
- Place a slice of Gouda on top of apple.
- Place another wonton wrapper on top (like a ravioli).
- Brush sides of wrappers with butter and press down on all four sides so that the edges close (again like a ravioli).
- Take each of the four corners and fold then into the center of the wonton. Lightly brush, once more, to seal all of the corners to the center.
- Repeat with remaining wontons.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes and serve!